EVERYTHING You Know About Marketing Your Small Business Is WRONG!
Simply enter your name and email below to receive instant access to the video.
There are 5 major components to good advertising copy:
(The order of these is essential to success)
Advertising is sales in print. So, you need to think about the unique benefits
your products/services offer and showcase that in a persuasive way. You need to
emphasize results, not features.
Let’s take a minute to talk about each of these components:
1. Command Attention: This is usually accomplished with the headline.
You need an attention-getter that makes people want to know more about
your products/services. The best headlines give a vivid portrayal of the
benefits or show how a problem can be avoided with your products/services.
The headline is the advertisement for the advertisement.
2. Showcase Benefits: You have to showcase the benefits of your
products and services and, more importantly, show how they will solve or
prevent a problem. They need to know what’s in it for them. Include
useful, factual and clear information to show precisely what the benefits
are and how they are going to help the customer.
3. Offer Proof: This is where you prove what the advertisement is
offering. You need to establish you have a method to deliver. Consider
information that establishes credibility and past performance.
4. Persuade: You need to add compelling reasons for your potential
customers to purchase your products/services. Use a hard sell approach and
create scarcity. This will enact your potential customers to feel like
they have to act now. Which leads into the last component.
5. Call to Action: You need to compel your potential customers to DO something. They need to check out your site, sign up for your newsletter, purchase your products, contact you about services…something. Offer a freebie-a booklet, sample, product, bonus, demo, consult, limited time price…the list goes on. There are lot of ways to get potential customers excited about ordering and help them feel like they are getting an amazing deal.
Good advertisements include all of these components and are
not complete without any of them. You can sit down and think through any one of
these components, then figure out how to best place them together for the most
effectiveness. We can help you with this too. Try our GUIDED TOUR to learn how
to put together great advertisements from some of the best in the business.